Saturday, March 12, 2011

Day 13. In the streets of Old Marbella...

As soon as I opened my eyes in the morning, I felt so released and calm, I saw the sun. Finally, at least today I didn't have to think of what we might do without going outside. - it's been raining for a week.
And so we hurried to the car and went to see Old Marbella.

During Islamic rule the Moors built a castle in this city. The name Marbella, which is derived from Marbil-la, dates from this Islamic era. The traveller Ibn Battuta characterised the town as "a pretty little town in a fertile district." In 1485 the city fell to Christian forces.
In the 1940s, Marbella was a small jasmine-lined village with only 900 inhabitants. But this soon changed when Prince Max Egon zu Hohenlohe-Langenburg and his heir Alfonso de Hohenlohe experienced a problem with their Rolls-Royce in the vicinity. This first encounter with Marbella so impressed Alfonso that he decided to buy land commercially, marketing the area as a tourist destination. (C. Wikipedia)




Well.. it's my back only.. :D Alexander is not so good in photography yet



These tiny Torreador suits are sooo coool. If was a little girl I would deffinetly love to have one man with a buffolo for my Barbie













Have a nice evening!


V.L.


No comments:

Post a Comment